Homebuyer dream program
Saving for a home has never been easier
Qualify for a grant up to $10,000 with the Homebuyer Dream ProgramTM **
Grant funding will be open between March 27 - August 31 while funds last.
Here are the details:
- Grant amount up to $10,000 towards down‑payment and closing cost assistance
- Household is a first time homebuyer. As defined by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), a first time homebuyer is someone who has not had ownership in a principal residence in the last three years.
- Household must meet maximum allowances for income for the county in which they are purchasing property
- Homeownership counseling certificate to be obtained. Certificate can be achieved through various programs, including one of the following:
- Troy Rehabilitation & Improvement Program (TRIP) / Rensselaer County Housing Resources (RCHR)
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance (ACRHA)
- Better Neighborhoods, Inc (BNI)
- Affordable Housing Partnership (AHP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
To apply or to receive more information, fill out the form below, call 866-SUNMARK, or visit any branch.
** Must meet program requirements. Subject to available funding from Federal Home Loan Bank.